6/2/2020 Marisa Lepore Hovanec, Esq. to present on family law appellate practice with Judge Mawla.
On June 2, 2020, Marisa Lepore Hovanec, Esq. will be presenting before the Middlesex County Bar Association on the topic of Matrimonial Appellate Practice. She will be joined in the presentation by the Honorable Hany Mawla, Judge of the Appellate Division, and Lauren A. Miceli, Esq. The two-hour seminar, which will be offered virtually and has been approved for continuing legal education credits, will cover the following topics, among others:
- When and Whether to Appeal/Issue Spotting
- Interlocutory and Emergent Appeals
- Standards of Appellate Review
- Effective Writing and Oral Argument
- Use of Unpublished Cases
- Appellate Filing Requirements and the Use of E-Courts